Thursday, July 5, 2007

FANTASIA 2007

Here we go again ! Fantasia is back for another year, with more weirdness, more quirkiness and of course, more fantasy !
The festival launches today with a Japanese manga film, Tekkonkinkreet , made by none other than.... an american ! (Michael Arias). The festival goes on till July 23rd.

The festival offers an interesting documentary selection this year, under the label Documentaries from the Edge. Need I say more ?
Also featured are five film themes including tributes to Yves Montmayeur, Jean Rollin, Akio Jissoji and two thematic groupings (Hell is a city and Russian Fantastika)

I don't know much about the movies being presented, but I can guarantee you'll have a good time watching some of the shorts that are presented there.
I know I am !

I'll keep updating this posts as I go watch the films....

Fantasia Film Festival 2007 - July 5-23 ; tickets and show times here

No comments: