Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Montag


Well I guess this will be the first post.
I felt like writing about a show I saw last week at the Main Hall.
It was a show by Montag (aka. Antoine Bedard). His music can best be described as a soft electronic sound with a hint of circus freekiness and poetry. Think Sufjan Stevens goes electronic and solo.
I found it mostly exciting, eventhough I wasn't a big fan of some of the slower pieces.

His new album, Going Places, is - beware the upcoming cheesy comment- definetly going places... He has amazing guest stars on the LP, including Stars' Amy Millan. I love the mood on the album, it swings, goes here and there but somehow always stays consistant. Sometimes it's even funny (listen carefully to some of the lyrics, like on Hi5 to the DJ).
Recommended tracks : Best Boy Electric, Going Places, Safe in sound

Catch him in Montreal again on June 16th at Parc des Ameriques (Part of the Fringe Festival)

official site

No comments: